No announcement yet.

Static text screen, then move ahead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static text screen, then move ahead...

During the installation, I am seraching for a particular version of a file on the user's computer. Is there a way to display a static text box with a "Next..." button press in the "before" and the search routine in the "after"? I have the search routine and it works fine. The issue that I'm having is that I need to advise the user that this search is happening, and move ahead without user interaction.

Thanks!!

Re: Static text screen, then move ahead...

I don't think I'm really understanding what you are trying to accomplish. OK, I understand that you would like to perform a file search and tell the user that this is going to take place.

Basically your options are to either display a screen with information on it, then have the search action on the After actions tab of that screen. Or display one of the Dialog actions and then the search action.

I just feel like I may be misunderstanding your question.

Comment

Re: Static text screen, then move ahead...

i think i understand. i have a lot of screens that perform a lot of actions based on certain conditions (like if a package is true). all the user sees is this obnoxious screen that says "Please click next to conitnue...". they alsways comment, "Why do I have to click next here? why doesn;t just move ahead by itself?"

Comment

Working...
      X