X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Build?

Hi you all,

I am evaluating SetupFactory and I have some questions:

- How do I automatic build a setup using the command-line? And also update some fields like version number?
    - How do I create subgroups when creating shortcuts?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Automatic Build?

You can find information about creating nested shortcuts in the following Knowledge Base article:
    Click Here

You can also find a section in the online Command Reference about the Unattended Build feature at the following location:

Click Here

As far as the version numbers, you would just include Design time constants for that type of information and use them in your project file appropriately.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Like Darryl pointed to, use the /B command line option with an INI file to set a bunch of constants. Then place the constants throughout the project. For example, I commonly use variables such as #PRODUCTVERSION#, #PRODUCTNAME#, #ISDEMOVERSION#, etc. We use this method for our automated builds here at Indigo Rose. If you have any more specific questions about automated builds, let me know.

Comment

Is it possible to build your own module?

Comment

When you say "module", are you referring to a runtime support module similar to the built-in ones?

Comment

Yep. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The runtime support modules are just Setup Factory files that get included in the build of your project. To build your own module you must first create a Setup Factory file that installs the necessary components. To include the file you could go to file -> import -> Setup Factory 6.0 project file, there are a bunch of options as to which parts of the file you want to include.

If you would like to automate this process the secret is really in the ini file that is located in Program Files\Setup Factory 6.0\Runtimes. In that ini file there are a bunch of entries that correspond to the settings in the import dialog. Simply set the value to 1 of the settings that you would like to include.

You can take a look at the modules that are included in order to get a good picture as to what needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
              X