Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

File.Run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File.Run

Ref: my earlier message
    I found that folder names have to be the DOS version (eight characters). The File.Run function does not accept spaces within folder names.
    Names like 'Progra~1' for 'Program Files will work.

Since Windows uses long file / folder names, this function will need to be evaluated against names like 'Program Files', 'My Install Folder', etc.

Dave

Originally posted by DAK
    Ref: my earlier message
    I found that folder names have to be the DOS version (eight characters). The File.Run function does not accept spaces within folder names.
    Names like 'Progra~1' for 'Program Files will work.

Since Windows uses long file / folder names, this function will need to be evaluated against names like 'Program Files', 'My Install Folder', etc.

Dave
    Another user suggested (and it worked for my project) using %20 instead of spaces.

Hope that is of some help...
    Intrigued

Comment

You can try to put the path in quotes

"/"" .. path .. "/'''

Comment

Long filenames are not a problem but they must be included in quotes (as in any standard windows Start, Run command). You can also use the in-built variables for items such as Program Files folders.

John

Comment

DAK Reply

To Jim & John
          Thanks,
          It now works.

I have the following as the argument list:
          [" ".."\""..ArgList.."\""] (The first char [" "] is a space which is needed as a separator from the file name. The ArgList is then the built-in variable SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\FileName"). This entire ArgList is enclosed in quotes.)

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X