Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Having trouble with True Update 1.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble with True Update 1.0

In Version Identifier I have:

INI File to read the current version then in action i have Latest Version because its the first version. But now I am needing to update the program. So on the version identifier I changed the Operator to Less Than and compare to 1.0.1 instead of 1.0.0. Then on action I have it to HTTP download. Then I test it out and I get an error saying the program is not installed properly.

What is my problem? Thanks

You need to handle all cases.

This includes the Less than 1.0.1 and do the http download.

*And* the equal to 1.0.1 and Latest Update.

Otherwise if you run it on the 1.0.1 version you will get the message you are currently see.

Comment

Everytime I try to add the Latest Version() action plus another action i get the error:

Errors were encountered in the server file:

ERROR: "1.0.0": You cannot use other actions in the same version as a Latest Version action.

I have uploaded my server file.uif. So if someone could please take a look at it and correct it for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Click here to download the .uif

Comment

With the installed TU1 there are some examples of how to setup a TU1 file. These might be worth looking into. Also there is quite a bit of information in the True Update User Guide (page 97 'Versions Bar' if you are interested)

Under the "Versions" section you need a 'version' for each set of actions you want.

So you need a 1.0.0 and a 1.0.1 item.

I have changed your example and attached it.

Hope this helps.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Steven Carr; 03-06-2005, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much Steven. :lol

Comment

Working...
          X