Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Functionality with renamed resource files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Functionality with renamed resource files?

Hi,

I currently use AMS5, SUF7, and TU. I am looking at adding VP to the arsenal :yes .

I'm wondering how VP works when AMS5 resource files are renamed upon build. When resources are changed and the project is rebuilt, I'm assuming that the resources are not mapped in exactly the same way... how does VP sort this out??

I can't speak to Visual Patch features but I just wanted to thank you for your continued support of our software. It means a lot to us.

Comment

Corey, you're welcome. IR software is a HUGE part of my development scheme. And the great software is made even better by you and the great folks here. :yes :yes :yes

Comment

Originally posted by AXXESS
        Hi,

I currently use AMS5, SUF7, and TU. I am looking at adding VP to the arsenal :yes .

I'm wondering how VP works when AMS5 resource files are renamed upon build. When resources are changed and the project is rebuilt, I'm assuming that the resources are not mapped in exactly the same way... how does VP sort this out??
        Well, Visual Patch really relies on file names for its patching. That is if two files are going to the same destination folder and both have the same name then it considers them the same file which would need to be patched from one to the other. If using VP for a AMS50 project it will only really work properly if you don't let it rename the resource files at build.

Comment

Ahhh... thanks Brett. That's what I thought. It would be cool to be able to rename the resource files and still be able to use VP.... gotta keep the "snoops" out of the files..

Maybe in VP2?
          Last edited by AXXESS; 12-09-2004, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Maybe in VP2?
            Can the IR guys shed light on this for the new VP version? Will we be able to have AutoPlay rename (hide) our source files, yet still have our setups patchable??

Comment

Well, the thing is that it is not a Visual Patch issue, it is an AMS issue. Visual Patch can patch anything, but there does need to be consistent file naming present. That is the only way that VP can know if two files are intended to be the same file and to patch eachother. In the end you will have to decide which is more important to you, filename obscuring or patching.

Comment

Thanks Brett. It would be cool if AMS and the new VP could work together and allow obscuring source files AND patching.... maybe have a checkbox on the publish dialog of AMS to keep the file renaming consistent so VP can be used too... :yes

Comment

Working...
                X