Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible bug in Win 7 and combobox

Hi:

I had issues with combobox customized in an specified colour ( for example, red ) under windows 7 ultimate X64. When I load page I see combobox first item doesnt appear coloured as red and overall item when displayed is truly coloured in red

I tested in Windows XP 64 bits and runs fine... I dont know what is this rare behaviour in AMS 7.5.1008.0 last patch.

Another issue: Try in this S.O. to put an combobox ( coloured or not) and load it in first z-order with an slide running behind listbox, doesnt allow to select an item it seems like blocked or so.

you dont decide the z-order of the combo, windows does, you can not over lap windows or windowed objects, its a windows limitation

also, im on win7 home premium 32 and the combo works fine here, maybe its a 64 issue.
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

mmm I tested with slide in back order and an combobox in top order and in win 7 x64 keep giving issues. Im suprised this has happened in an x64 s.o. I though IR had tested this version in this windows version.... Im discouraged with this "bug" i stopped finishing project for win 7 x64.

As for this thread I dont see any IR response to this issue. Anyone has tested in win7 x64?

Comment

Originally posted by autoplmst6 View Post
        mmm I tested with slide in back order and an combobox in top order and in win 7 x64 keep giving issues. Im suprised this has happened in an x64 s.o. I though IR had tested this version in this windows version.... Im discouraged with this "bug" i stopped finishing project for win 7 x64.

As for this thread I dont see any IR response to this issue. Anyone has tested in win7 x64?
        You cannot overlap windowed objects like combobox, input, slideshow etc. That is the same for any development tool. It is bad practice, so just avoid it. It is not a bug.
        Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

mmm Ok Dermot I know

If you put off slideshow( for that reason you said), put an combobox only, set red to background and text white only no more in the page... can you tell me if the combobox only without any other object overlaped within the page,( only the combobox), you can see the red background and white text's combobox loaded as is it in page under win 7 x64?

Im beginning thinking if my windows is an bad installment or so...

Comment

( for that reason you said)
            you can not over lap windows or windowed objects, its a windows limitation
            am i like the frigging invisible man here

i dont know why i bother sometimes!
            Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

mmm Ok Dermot I know

If you put off slideshow( for that reason you said), put an combobox only, set red to background and text white only no more in the page... can you tell me if the combobox only without any other object overlaped within the page,( only the combobox), you can see the red background and white text's combobox loaded as is it in page under win 7 x64?

Im beginning thinking if my windows is an bad installment or so...
              Comboboxes work fine on Win 7 64. There is no bug. If you set the combobox as a dropdown list, it will have the Windows theme colour, it will not have a red background even if you set it to red. It will only have a red background if it is set as a dropdown edit. Again this is how Windows Vista and 7 work so it is not a bug.
              Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

RizlaUK
                ( for that reason you said)
                you can not over lap windows or windowed objects, its a windows limitation
                am i like the frigging invisible man here

i dont know why i bother sometimes!

Riz, Sorry very much mate, this morning i was frustrated and nervous with this "issue" ( Right now as stated Dermot is an fail from my side due to nervous stated at beggining ), maybe I scrolled down too fast to end page so i couldnt have seen your post, dont be offended for that and invisible? you arent too lol i love your work, you are one those programmer genius with your contributions.

Thanks both, i confirm that combobox was set at begginning as dropdown list and not edit mode. thanks anyawy to Riz and Dermot.

Talking about dropdown list mode, maybe as an suggestion ( if not limited too ) in next big ams version ( ¿8? ), IR guys maybe you could make colour customized for this combobox mode.

Comment

Hello,

AutoPlay Media Studio 7.5 is definitely compatible with Windows 7. As Dermot says, this isn't a bug per-se. If you like, please open a support ticket from the customer portal (https://www.indigorose.com/customers) and one of our support representatives would be happy to discuss this with you further.

Regards,
                  Desmond.

Comment

Hello Desmond, thank for your reply mate, Dermot has enlightened my head when he said that my combobox was ( my fail) set like an combo with dropdown mode ( And in realtime shows as default until this point is ok) when instead I should have set in mode dropdown edit, with this detail I have missed i see solved the "Issue", Definitely isnt an bug

http://www.indigorose.com/forums/ima...ons/icon14.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X