How to make an app - Andromo App Maker

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to call a program after the [Finish] is pressed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artistscope View Post
    This player hasn't been released yet... that's what the installer is for :-)

Niether of these worked...

-- result = File.Run(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\CSPlayer. exe"), SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Copyright.wmv"), "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
    result = File.Run(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\CSPlayer. exe"), "Copyright.wmv", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
    -- result = File.Run(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\CSPlayer. exe"), ".\\Copyright.wmv", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
    then you should know better than anyone how to call it...
    some minor points -- you really can't specify a relative path w/o specifing a working folder/directory.
    You didn't try putting quotes around your path.
    What you did originally was:

Run: MyProg.exe c:\program files\cs player\copyright.wmv

Technically -- that's 3 parameters. you need to quote it.

Both those points I already mentioned....

Comment

This one didn't work either...

result = File.Run(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\CSPlay.ex e"), "AppDir..\\Copyright.wmv", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
      ArtistScope - Copy Protection & DRM Software

Comment

Originally posted by artistscope View Post
        This one didn't work either...

result = File.Run(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\CSPlay.ex e"), "AppDir..\\Copyright.wmv", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
        I'm hoping this is a case of being tired, frantic & desperate....
        I usually try to get people to learn a bit as they go; point them in the right direction -- "give a fish = eat for the day" sort of thing.

Code:
        -- put quotes around the parameter
        result = File.Run(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\CSPlay.exe"), SessionVar.Expand("\"%AppFolder%\\Copyright.wmv\""), "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
        or

Code:
        -- set a working folder
        result = File.Run(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\CSPlay.exe"), ".\\Copyright.wmv", SessionVar.Get("%AppFolder%"), SW_SHOWNORMAL, true), SessionVar.Get("%AppFolder%"), SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
        or
        Code:
        -- Or set working folder AND quote the parameter.
        result = File.Run(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\CSPlay.exe"), SessionVar.Expand("\"%AppFolder%\\Copyright.wmv\""), SessionVar.Get("%AppFolder%"), SW_SHOWNORMAL, true), SessionVar.Get("%AppFolder%"), SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
        Last edited by jassing; 10-01-2009, 08:05 PM. Reason: or both...

Comment

Tried all options. Will have to leave this to another day as it was for tomorrow and I have to travel to the event, maybe we can have the application run the file from within on startup.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

sounds like the player doesn't accept parameters.

sorry it didn't work out.

Comment

Finally got it to work after 17 years...

Upon close of the installer, I want the installer to run the application just installed and open a file within its own folder. For example, I use this code...

Comment

Working...
              X