Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debugging an HTTP project.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Debugging an HTTP project.

    Hi,

    I have created an HTTP project. I have created the client and the server both on my same machine. While executing I'm receiveing an error 'Error An error occurred when trying to download the server file. Server ID: TrueUpdate Server 1 : The requested URL was not found on the server. (3624)'
    'Error Script: Download Server Script > On Start, Line 114 (3624)'

    When I open the URL from my browser it is able to open. I have put soem Dialog.Message statemnts in the OnStart Event. But they are not fired at runtime. I'm clueless as to which statement is causing the error and the value of the server that it is picking which is wrong.

    Can you suggest where and which statements to put to debug effectively.

    Thanks,
    R.

  • #2
    Hi ronny295,

    Are you creating a logfile? (Project | Options from the menu) Try setting the Action Detail to "Extended Errors" and then post your logfile to the forums so that we can look at it. Hopefully the logfile will contain information about what is failing and why.

    Also, the error you are receiving can sometimes occur if you do not have the MIME types setup properly for the *.ts* files on your server.

    You might try adding the following mime types to your server:

    Code:
    application/octet-stream - ts3
    application/zip - ts1 and ts2
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

    Comment


    • #3
      Solved Thanx...

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello Team,

        While downloading a file through HTTPS I got an error as discussed above.
        Can you tell me how to set the MIME type in Windows XP?

        Also I'm using TU 3.0.

        Thanks
        Rohit

        Comment


        • #5
          Logs attached

          [04/14/2008 13:09:24] Success Update started: C:\Rohit\Live\TrueUpdateClient.exe
          [04/14/2008 13:09:24] Notice Update engine version: 3.0.0.0
          [04/14/2008 13:09:24] Notice Product: BARX Futures, version %ProductVer%
          [04/14/2008 13:09:24] Success Language set: Primary = 9, Secondary = 1
          [04/14/2008 13:09:24] Success Include script: _TU20_Global_Functions.lua
          [04/14/2008 13:09:24] Success Display screen: Welcome
          [04/14/2008 13:09:25] Success Display screen: Download Server Script
          [04/14/2008 13:09:26] Error An error occurred when trying to download the server file. Server ID: TrueUpdate Server 1 : An error occurred while trying to open the HTTP file. (3611)
          [04/14/2008 13:09:26] Error The server name or address could not be resolved
          (3611)
          [04/14/2008 13:09:26] Error Script: Download Server Script > On Start, Line 114 (3611)
          [04/14/2008 13:09:26] Success Display screen: Download Server Script Failed
          [04/14/2008 13:09:29] Success Display screen: Download Server Script
          [04/14/2008 13:09:29] Error An error occurred when trying to download the server file. Server ID: TrueUpdate Server 1 : An error occurred while trying to open the HTTP file. (3611)
          [04/14/2008 13:09:29] Error The server name or address could not be resolved
          (3611)
          [04/14/2008 13:09:29] Error Script: Download Server Script > On Start, Line 114 (3611)
          [04/14/2008 13:09:29] Success Display screen: Download Server Script Failed
          [04/14/2008 13:09:31] Success Run client data event: Client Script
          [04/14/2008 13:09:31] Notice Exit update process (Return code: 5)

          Comment

          Working...
          X