Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

set creation date of a file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set creation date of a file

hi folks,

I've a problem with the creation date of a file after a patch. The date is set to the point where a user performs the patch. But i need the original date and time. I only can reach this if i set the flag "force install" to this file with the drawback of increasing file size.

Is there a possibility to set the creation date manually?

I brought this up a while back. If VP patches a file, Windows sets the file's time stamp to the current time/date, since the file has been modified.

On the other hand, if VP simply replaces a file (either because it was forced or because there was too many difs) the file's original date is used.

We find this a bit irritating because customers sometimes think that files were not updated. It also makes it difficult to tell which version of file a user has.

The problem isn't so much that you can't set the date, but rather that there's no way of knowing what the file's original date was.

Comment

Thanks, I've logged this for consideration. REF: 15846

In the mean time you could include a command line tool (e.g. FileTouch) as a primer file and use it to set the creation date in an On Post Patch action.
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

thanks

Then i will use a command line tool to set the date of a file. Better than increasing the patch size about 6MB.

Comment

Working...
        X