Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Session variables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session variables

Can somebody please tell me how to get the value of a session variable like %AppFolder%? I think the value of this is at the root of a problem of mine but I can't figure out what it thinks that value is.

To get the value of a session variable in a script, use the SessionVar.Expand action.

Code:
    Dialog.Message("%AppFolder% contains:", SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%"));
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

%AppFolder%

Ok. I tried that and it told me that %AppFolder% contains

%AppFolder%

I guess maybe I don't understand how that session variable gets set. I thought I read that if I used the project wizard it would set it fo rme but Idon't ever really see where it would do that. What should be filled into this value? I thought that it needed to be the destination folder where the key files are installed on the client system.

Thanks,
      Kenny

Comment

The action needs to go after the part of your script that locates the installed version. A value is assigned to %AppFolder% in that part of the script if a known version is identified.

If you check the value of %AppFolder% at the start of your script, it will be empty.
        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
        X