Remove used serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove used serial number

How can I delete a serial number from the list when the user use it?
    In other way , the user can use the serial number just on time.

Thank you.

The code you see in the screenshot is used to validate the provided serial number locally - checking if the serial is valid. It does not check if it was used previously, for this you would need to store the installations online. In this case, you will need to send the entered serial to the server, have it checked there, and then fetch the result returned from the server. Depending on what the server returns as the reply to the submitted data, you may allow the installation to proceed or not. The implementation of said mechanism is up to you, you can use a web service, CGI, PHP, ASP or whatever you are comfortable with.

Ulrich

Comment

So it's not possible to delete used serials from the following list?

The idea is to delete from this list , let's say we have 3 serials in the list , when I give the app with one serial to my client , when he enter the serial and install the app , the serial will be deleted,and no one can use it to install the app anymore.

Comment

You cannot edit the project settings of a published setup. The serial numbers are encrypted and embedded in the installer, then the setup can be digitally signed. The file cannot be edited at runtime, instead you need to use the procedure explained in my previous post.

Ulrich

Comment

Working...
        X