Cannot register file type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot register file type

I am trying to register LAVSplitter.ax but SUF does not allow registering that file type. However regsvr32 LAVSplitter.ax works fine.

The app is 32-bit.

How should I code that in an action menu, ie: what type of key etc should I create to do the same job as regsvr32?
    ArtistScope - Copy Protection & DRM Software

Is this what you're looking for:

https://forums.indigorose.com/forum/...ciation?t=5006

Comment

No. We are not registering mimetype. After regsvr32 LAXSplitter.ax, when I check the registry, I don't see the usual registry entries, but instead find several InProcServer32 entries, each with a different CLSID.

Comment

I just built a test installer with LAVFilters-0.72 and ran this in the On Post Install event script:

Code:
        System.RegisterActiveX(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\LAVSplitter.ax"));
        error = Application.GetLastError();
        if (error ~= 0) then
            SetupData.WriteToLogFile("Error\tLAVSplitter.ax failed registration: " .. tblErrorMessages[error] .. "\r\n", true);
        end
        From what I see, the filters were apparently properly installed on the system, as a registry comparison shows differences:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCRN-2018-08-06-02.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	301090

Perhaps this approach is acceptable? Do not forget to use a matching System.UnregisterActiveX() in the On Pre Uninstall event script.

Ulrich

Comment

Many thanks :-)

Comment

Working...
          X