Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Variable for Start Menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable for Start Menu

Is there a variable or function to get the Start Menu in which the application shortcuts are being created?
    The documentation says to use %AppShortcutFolderName%, but this is simply the name of the application.
    Shell.GetFolder(SHF_STARTMENU) returns the user specific start menu folder, but if it's being installed for all users, what do I use to get the correct shared folder?

It is in the help file. See:

Shell.GetFolder(SHF_STARTMENU_COMMON) or
    Shell.GetFolder(SHF_STARTMENUPROGRAMS_COMMON).

Ulrich

Comment

Ah, I'm going blind in my old age! Yes, thanks, I see it's on the line below

It would be nice to have a built-in variable pointing to the location where the shortcuts are added through the 'Files' 'Shortcut' settings.
      At the moment it appears I have to use something like:

Shell.CreateShortcut(SessionVar.Expand(myStartFold er.."\\Programs\\%AppShortcutFolderName%"), "Sample Files", SessionVar.Expand("%CommonDocumentsFolder%\\Sample Files"), "", "", "", 0, SW_SHOWNORMAL, nil, "Sample Files for use with our product");

I'm not sure why the '\\Programs\\' is needed, but without it you get a doubling up of the entries in the start menu.

How am I 'supposed' to find the path to the folder? Is this the right way?

Comment

Have a look at my web site, here: Custom Shortcuts shows how to create shortcuts manually.

Ulrich

Comment

Working...
        X