Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping uninstaller exe with custom info

v9.0.2.0
    In the Build Settings, you can stamp the installer executable with custom information, but I can't find an option to stamp the uninstaller.

When running a test, the uninstaller (uninstall.exe within the %AppFolder&) is stamped with the standard Indigo Rose data, even though the installer is stamped with custom data entered.

Can this be changed to be consistent with the installer exe or not?

You can't set a custom icon in the resources of the uninstaller executable, however you can set the icon you want to appear in the Control Panel (Add and Remove Programs), which is the only place where Microsoft currently tells you to create shortcuts for an uninstaller.

Ulrich

Comment

Hi Ulrich, I think you've misunderstood my question! My question relate to stamping the actual uninstaller exe file with custom information which then appears in the file properties dialog version tab under windows.

In the installer exe you are allow custom version info to be stamped to the installer using Build Settings > Resource Tab > Custom Version Information "Stamp executable with custom information", which includes: file version, product version, comments, company name, product name, copyright etc.

The installer file is then stamped with this custom version information, but the uninstall exe file which is placed in the %AppFolder% doesn't take on this information and instead is stamped with the standard IR data, not the custom version information when viewing the file's Properties > Version within Windows.

Comment

Just bumping this to see if there is an answer/solution to my query...

Comment

There is currently no built-in way to set custom info in the uninstaller's resources. As I mentioned before, all info visible to the user in the Control Panel (icon, publisher, product version etc.) can be set in Uninstall > Control Panel.

Ulrich

Comment

Working...
          X