multiple projects and want to add files programmically/ automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple projects and want to add files programmically/ automatically

We have many projects for different clients but they may all need the same file. How can I automatically add files to each project?

Can I use a script or action and insert the script into each build? Then I would just have to manipulate the script for all projects.

Does anyone have a specific example of what I need to do?

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    We have many projects for different clients but they may all need the same file. How can I automatically add files to each project?
    There is no officially supported way for making changes to the project file without using the IDE. If you need to add a file to existing projects, and these projects are not using folder references (meaning that all files contained in a specific folder will be collected during the build, instead of being individually listed in the project), this would require that you add this new file to the project in the IDE, and then save the updated project file.

Of course, the project file being a XML document, it should be possible to add the reference to this new file by editing the project file externally.

Ulrich

Comment

Working...
    X