Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send mails

Hello!
    Is it possible to send mails using Setup Factory?
    Thanks

I believe the best way for sending an email would be submitting the data to a form on your web server, process / parse the information, and once validated, the script would send it to the SMTP server (usually on the same IP address). Trying to communicate directly with an SMTP server from a consumer DSL/cable IP address may very likely fail, as many servers reject direct connections (unless first a POP3 operation succeeded, etc.). If you still want to try, a plugin was developed in the past, but I don't know if it works or if it is still available.

Ulrich

Comment

Thank You I will try.

Comment

Hi Ulrich,

But this plugin is for AMS, how can I use that plugin on Setup Factory?

Thanks

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post
        I believe the best way for sending an email would be submitting the data to a form on your web server, process / parse the information, and once validated, the script would send it to the SMTP server (usually on the same IP address). Trying to communicate directly with an SMTP server from a consumer DSL/cable IP address may very likely fail, as many servers reject direct connections (unless first a POP3 operation succeeded, etc.). If you still want to try, a plugin was developed in the past, but I don't know if it works or if it is still available.

Ulrich

Comment

Action plugins developed for AutoPlay Media Studio 8 should work with Setup Factory 9 and vice-versa.

Ulrich

Update: The SMTP plugin linked above does not load successfully into Setup Factory 9.5.0.0. The author may have made a mistake, or it was coded this way on purpose. Who knows.
          Last edited by Ulrich; 03-25-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X