Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP9 - Read of umlauts not correct

Hello,

in my installer (created with SP9) are editField vor e.g. firstname and lastname.
    Butt if somebody write umlauts in the textfield, this will not read correct from the installer. After installation i write this values of the textfield into a textfile and there are the values also wrong.

I have looked in this forum and there a many threads for that, but i didn't found a solution for that.

Is there are any way to read umlauts correct?

Thanks in advance

Not only Umlauts, but also Latin letters work perfectly. And Arabic, and Chinese, Cyrillic... Everything you enter needs to be ANSI, and shouldn't use Unicode encoding. Check what you are doing, because you are making a mistake somewhere. Setup Factory works fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCRN-2015-08-27-01.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	284336

Ulrich

Comment

Hello Ulrich,

thanks for your answer.
      How can I fix the problem in my installer?
      For further explanation.
      I have two editfields a write it into a SessionVar see picture attached and follow code.
      In the further steps i get the values of the SessionVariable %name% and use this value. But the varibale %name% does not have the correct values.

Name:	Input_Editfield-1.png
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	284337

SessionVar.Set("%name%",SessionVar.Expand("%EditVa r01%"));
      SessionVar.Set("%nachname%",SessionVar.Expand("%Ed itVar02%"));

Thanks in advance

Comment

Something tells me that the error isn't with the Umlauts. I cannot get an error here, even using your code. Please post the text file you are working with, and where you can't write the info. If you don't feel comfortable posting the info here, please open a support ticket, and post your project file and the text file where you write the info provided by the user, zipped together into a single archive, and attach it to your ticket when submitting it.

Note: If you want to store the data in %name%, you don't need to use %EditVar01% and then expand the data, and use it to set a new session variable. You can simply define the name of the variable you want the data stored in, directly in the interface:

Name:	SCRN-2015-08-28-01.png
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	284338

Ulrich

Comment

Hello Ulrich,

thanks for your answer. I got now a solution and write it down, should be that it helps anybody.
          I have changed the session variable and write now the EditField-input direct in the variable %name%.

INIFile.SetValue(SessionVar.Expand("%PathToConfigs %\\prop\\sop.properties"), "My=Section", "vorname", SessionVar.Expand("%name%"));
          INIFile.SetValue(SessionVar.Expand("%PathToConfigs %\\prop\\sop.properties"), "My=Section", "nachname", SessionVar.Expand("%nachname%"));

After that, I tested to read the textfile with differend encoding and one of these works. I read the file now with ISO_8859_1, this is also the encoding of my application.

Thanks Ulrich for support

Comment

Working...
          X