No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
10 results in 0.0170 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Thanks, I can certainly give it a try.

What does a build constant file build.ini file look like? Is it just the Build constant followed by the value you want to change? example:

#BUILD# 2.0
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BInding %ProductVer% to an .exe in the project

I'm using SUF 9.5.3

I have a setup project with several .EXE files in it. One of those .EXE files is the primary program of the project setup file release. Right now when I copy my new program EXE into my distribution folder and launch SUF the project loads and shows my files properly...
    See more | Go to post

• alec
    replied to Error 3018
    Solved the Problem

I solved the problem so I figured that I would share the answer so as to try to save others from the same frustration.

All the projects had been converted from SF7. I recently uninstalled and removed SF7 from my machine. In one...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alec
    replied to Error 3018
    Error 3018: Error adding image file to archive header

I have a similar issue. I have 4 SF8 ( 8.2.1.0) projects. 3 of them work as expected. The 4th one started giving me a few errors that I have not seen before.

Error: can not open input file
    Error 3018: Error adding
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by alec; 05-25-2010, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alec
    started a topic Security Priv of Shortcut

Security Priv of Shortcut

How can I make the shortcut that is created by SF set to always run the EXE as an Administrator even if the user is not an Admin. IOW, the EXE needs Admin priv and as long as the user doing the install has admin priv. I would like the shortcut created by SF to be modified to run exe with admin priv.......
    See more | Go to post

• alec
    replied to How to reference Table Element
    Hi Ulrich,

Thanks! I had actually attempted a reference by KEY as I typed in my original post and still received an error. As I read your response I realized the my reference attempt was lower case: .ip rather than upper case .IP

Using the .IP it works!

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alec
    started a topic How to reference Table Element

How to reference Table Element

Not sure what I am missing here, but I keep getting an error that parameter 4 is not a string. What I am attempting to do is set the value of an INI file to the local (internal) ip address of the machine where installation is being run.

The docs for the GetLANInfo() say that...
    See more | Go to post

• alec
    replied to Silent Setup in 6.0
    I agree that a File Search would be a disaster. I did not see in the manual or help file where I can pass a directory or path as a command line argument.
    My documentation suggests that the only allowable values are:

/L /S /T and /W

Am I missing something?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alec
    replied to Silent Setup in 6.0
    Silent Setup

OK, that seems reasonable. Is it then necessary to have that INI file located in the same directory as the SETUP? IOW, ultimately what my customers want to do is place the setup on a server, then send all the employees a link to the setup file, that when clicked upon will...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alec
    started a topic Silent Setup in 6.0

Silent Setup in 6.0

Hi,

I have a setup that provides for many different installation options of my database software. I have a few customers with a very large # of computers that must be individually updated. Since I don't always know what setting they use or need it is difficult for me to create a silent...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X